Understand practices required of employers in regard to religious practices of employees
Deliverable Length:Â Â 3-4 pages (body of paper)
Diversity Training Manual: Part IV
As the new manager of human resources, you are preparing the next section of the diversity training manual, whichÂ focuses on making supervisors more aware and sensitive to religious discrimination issues.
This section of the training manual should include the following information:
- Give an explanation of the Civil Rights Act, Title VII 1964 legislation, dealing specifically with the meaning of reasonable accommodation for religious practices.
- Click here to read the Civil Rights, Title VII 1964 legislation.
- For each of the 3 religious groups listed, describe and explain the following:
- Include at least 2 religious practices that could easily be accommodated by management without any hardship for the company.
- Include at least 2 practices that would be difficult to accommodate.
The 3 religious groups you will be examining are as follows:
- Orthodox Jewish
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Civil Rights Act, 42 U.S.C. Â§ 2000e (1964). Retrieved from http://finduslaw.com/civil-rights-act-1964-cra-title-vii-equal-employment-opportunities-42-us-code-chapter-21