Impressionism became a very popular art movement during the 19Â thÂ century in France. However, when Impressionists like Claude Monet and Auguste Renoir debuted their work, many art critics disliked it.
Read the following links:
- http://www.artchive.com/galleries/1874/74critic.htm#cardonÂ (Translated from the French critics’ reactions in 1874)
Take a closer look at the artworks from Monet and Renoir below:
Write a 3-5 sentence reaction statement addressing the following questions (10 points) and post your statement to the Discussion Board on our Blackboard site;Â then reply to a classmate’s posting (5 points).
1) Why did critics dislike the work of the Impressionists?
2) Are their opinions surprising to you?
3) What is your opinion of Monet and Renoir’s work?
4) How do you think time and place influence our opinion of art works?
5) In a separate post, respond to a classmate who made an interesting observation.
Order this paper at: www.termpaperchampions.com